Dual Enrollment Process for High School Students:
- The student will contact his/her counselor to discuss dual enrollment classes. Please visit your school’s website, hover over the “Academics” tab, and click on “Counseling”, to find the counselor’s contact information.
- The student’s counselor will review the student’s transcript and make a recommendation on the course he/she should take.
- The counselor will complete the RECOMMENDATION FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT (K-12) & MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING form and will return it to the student.
- The student will register and enroll using the links below to establish a MyVCCCD portal account.
- The student and parent will sign the RECOMMENDATION FOR DUAL ENROLLMENT (K-12) & MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING form and upload it to his/her MyVCCCD portal.
* For more information about specific subject coursework, contact your school counselor.
Visit the College Dual Enrollment Information Page
Oxnard College Courses offered on the Pacifica High School Campus
|Only Oxnard College Course||Term Offered||Course Description|
|ADS 101: Overview of Addiction||Spring 2021||This introductory course studies alcohol related problems, including their relationship to alienation and change in lifestyle, cultural and family attitudes, causes and addiction, subcultures, ethical implications, and solutions. This course is a study of the history of alcohol use, misuse, and dependency. It will also study causes and effects of addiction and current modalities of treatment. Fulfills one 3-unit chemical core requirement for the California Association for Alcohol/Drug Educators (CAADE). Field trips may be required. Course Corequisites: NONE|
|ASL R103||Fall 2020||This course will continue the study of conversational American Sign Language with expanded information on ASL grammar, syntax, spatial referencing, and vocabulary development. Dialogues, short stories, and narratives will incorporate discussion of Deaf culture and detailed descriptions of people and surroundings. Prerequisites: ASL R102. Field trips may be required. Transfer credit: CSU;UC.|
Apply for Admission
- An application for admission is only required if this is your first time taking a community college class or it has been more than two semesters since you last attended.
- Follow instructions to create an OpenCCC account and submit your application
- Provide a valid email address & allow 24 hours to process your application and receive your new student email confirmation
- The video that follows explains how to register for classes after you are done applying.