Students will find the library book collection and computer network address their academic information needs. The design of the facility, the academic atmosphere, the focus on books that support the curriculum, and the access to computer services encourage and support students and staff in their recreational reading, inquiries, and academic research. Students are encouraged to ask for help if they have concerns. The library staff is always willing to listen and provide assistance.
- The library is a quiet, pleasant place to study, read and do research. Please show respect and work quietly.
- School ID is required to checkout computers and books.
- Place books not checked out on shelving carts.
- Students must sign in at all times. Periods 1-6, students must have a signed pass from their teacher or school ID with a dismissal sticker.
- Do not bring gum, food, or drinks into the library.
- All PHS rules are enforced.
- No email or games on the computers.
- Do not print from the Internet; copy and paste into word and then print.
- Do not print pictures.
- Remember your student password; write it down!
Oxnard Union High School District Internet Acceptable Use Policy
All students must follow the agreement and have the signed document on file with the main office in their student record in order to use computers in the Library Media Center. View the OUHSD Internet Acceptable Use Policy
Checking Out Materials
- Always have your student ID - it’s required
- Books circulate for 3 weeks
- Return books in the BOOK RETURN slot outside the library doors
Online Subscription Databases
Login information to use these wonderful resources can be found in the PHS Library Media Center brochure.
- Destiny On-Line Catalog:The PHS on-line catalog provides access to the library collection.
- Gale Group: provided by the OUHSD, these standards-based databases help students research topics beyond the textbook
- Student Resource Center Gold
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center
- Biography Resource Center
- History Resource Center U. S.
- History Resource Center World
- Virtual Reference Library--EBooks
- eLibrary: Provides access to reference sources as well as newspaper and magazine articles for student research.
- Grolier Multimedia: Provides access to the following encyclopedias for student research.
- Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia
- Encyclopedia Americana
- Nueva encyclopedia cumber en linea
- New Book of Knowledge
- New Book of Popular Science
- Grove Art and Music: The most comprehensive online reference resource for all aspects of the visual arts and music.